A fountain representing a massif's head stands in the grounds of the old castle, near the old stables.
This bulldog fountain was installed a long time before the battle of Belleau Wood and provided water to the population, as some other springs in the village.
After the battle the Marines created a very strong symbolic link with this fountain. Indeed, in 1918 the US Marines were nicknamed "Devil Dogs" by the Germans, because of their determination in the battle.
Nowadays, every Marine wishes to come to Belleau and drink water from this fountain.
This fountain is still part of a private property !