3rd Division Memorial in Château-Thierry

The 3rd Division, set up in 1917, took part in the second Battle of the Marne and helped to liberate Château-Thierry on July 21st 1918.

Thanks to its heroic actions on the East side of Château-Thierry, this Division gained the nickname of" Rock of the Marne".

The members of the association of the 3rd Infantry Division commissioned this monument which was inaugurated on October 8th, 1961

The first Monument of the 3rd Division was situated "place des Etats-Unis" and has been demolished during the 2nd World War.

Register now for a guided tour of                1h30 of Belleau Wood                      Saturday October 21st              contact us for more information: belleauwood@lesportesdelachampagne.com

go to the  version française

Translate into